ADVANTAGES of the PREMIUM PORTABLE ENCLOSURE:
* Uses our strongest PREMIUM Stainless Steel Reinforced cat netting
* Can be taken down and reassembled as many times as you like
With thousands of enclosures sold throughout Australia and the world, Catnets has established itself as a main supplier and primary innovator in the cat containment industry. Based on customer feedback and extensive product testing, we’ve spent the previous 3 years developing a freestanding enclosure that satisfied customers 4 main requirements: Our customers have noted that a freestanding cat enclosure must be:
- Safe and comfortable for my cat(s)
- Strong and Sturdy
- Must be COMPLETELY portable and easy to assemble (AND DISSASEMBLE)
- Must be affordable for all cat owners
- 1.8m High
- 1.8m Wide
- 1.8m Long
- One piece netting
- 24 pin lock poles
- 8 corner connectors
- Instruction sheet
- FREE: Shade Sail
- FREE: Cat Hammock
NOTE: Accessories (chair, bed, scratcher, bowl, toys) NOT included.
Please note that all new stock of this item has the “Horizontal component of the Zipper” located at the “top” of the enclosure (as per the main product image).
Not all netted cat enclosures are built the same, so here is a CLOSER LOOK at some of the important features of the Premium portable.
Although overall weight is of concern, a cat enclosure MUST still be sturdy and be able to withstand the elements. We have incorporated a strong, light weight POWDERCOATED steel frame, with purpose SUPER STRONG STEEL CORNER CONNECTORS. As netted enclosures are generally top heavy by design, light weight plastic corner connectors just aren’t suitable and safe as a design option. Even with the steel frame, and heavy duty moulded connectors, this enclosure weighs in at only 20kg, so it can still easily be moved around the yard when required.
With netting supplied for well over a thousand individual enclosures each year, as well as being the wholesale supplier to over 25 Cat Net Installers and Resellers throughout Australia & New Zealand, Catnets is confident in providing only the best quality netting. Our netting is pre-stretched to tension, is Heat set during manufacture and is of course UV Treated. The Cat-1.8 featuring our premium 19mm netting, has the highest quality finishes such as:
- ALL professionally Overlocked and stitched 6mm rope reinforced edges.
- A heavy duty 18 ounce Black PVC webbing border along the base of the enclosure. The base framework is passed within the webbing to ensure no gaps whatsoever between frame and net.
- UV Treated, superior quality outdoor Velcro attachments for securing the net to the upper and side frame.
The first thing you’ll notice when you first see the Premium Portable is that the net is suspended inwards of the steel frame. There are several benefits of designing it in this manner.
- Being manufactured as a 1 piece net there are no customer joins required which can potentially create weak points in the enclosure
- It allows the net to be pulled out towards the frame until the correct amount of tautness is obtained. Having the net taut is of the utmost importance to your cat’s safety, and installing it in this matter ENSURES a tight net. With “slip over the top” type nets, this same type of tension can’t be replicated.
- Being designed in this way, there are NO permanent attachments such as clips or cable ties. The enclosure can therefore easily be disassembled and reassembled as many times as you like in a short amount of time
The included premium cat hammock is not made of your usual shade cloth. It is manufactured using a heavy Duty vinyl coated polyester woven fibre mesh that is 20 times stronger than fibreglass mesh. It has quality edging and is super simple to attach in minutes. You can add more hammocks as required.
We are currently also including a premium square shade sail to further enhance the comfort and aesthetics of the enclosure.
A heavy duty L-shape zipper entry allows easy access to the enclosure.
This netting has been designed for use by cats only and is not covered for damage resulting from Dogs or other animals housed in OR outside of the enclosure.
Safety: Due to the size of the netting squares, Catnets recommend kittens (6 months and under) should not be left unattended for prolonged periods within the enclosure. In regards to cat enclosures safety in general, it is advised that all netting is installed as taut as practically possible.
Video: Premium Portable 1.8m Enclosure assembled in as quick as 10 minutes with just 2 people.
The cover is an excellent option for your exposed enclosure due to the following benefits:
- Added 50+ UV Rated for added sun protection for your cat(s)
- The high quality Oxford material ensures water is repelled, keeping your enclosure and cats dry.
- Fibreglass support poles enable the curved shape which repels water without the need for a drainage hole or water pooling. The support poles insert into the top of the enclosure corner connector.
The use of this Cover will increase the wind catch of the enclosure. With use of the included tie-down cables, the enclosure will be more prone to wind gusts affecting normal performance. Should high to extreme wind conditions be forecast, the cover must be removed to ensure safe operation to both animals, people and property. Your judgement in this situation is required in relation to the positioning and method of attachment of the tie down cables.
This drawstring bag is an excellent option for storing your Freestanding Enclosure frame and connectors.
Our range of freestanding enclosures come with both the steel frame and the netting. When not in use, the netting can be simply stored in the original carton it was delivered in. The Steel Tubes however, are heavier and more difficult to store conveniently. This drawstring bag comfortably fits the poles (and connectors) so they can be kept together (and in good condition) until you are ready to re-assemble.