Do you have a cat that doesn't drink enough water? This can be a serious problem, as cats need plenty of water in order to stay healthy. In this blog post, we will discuss 10 ways to get your cat to drink more water. Hopefully, one of these methods will work for you and your feline friend!
1. Place multiple water bowls around your home - Cats can be picky about where they drink, so placing multiple water bowls in different locations may encourage them to drink more.
2. Use running water - Studies have shown that cats are more likely to drink from a bowl with running water than from a still bowl of water. To create this effect in your home, you can purchase pet fountains or make your own by connecting an aquarium pump to a simple container.
3. Try different temperatures - Some cats prefer cold water, while others prefer warm or room temperature water. Experiment with different temperatures until you find the one that works for your cat!
4. Add flavorings - You can add a drop of tuna juice, clam juice or chicken broth to your cat's water bowl. This will make the water more palatable and enticing for them.
5. Provide wet food - Offering your cat wet food is an excellent way to ensure they are getting enough fluids in their diet. Wet food contains around 70-80% moisture, so it can help keep cats hydrated without having to drink extra water.
6. Place bowls at different heights - Cats enjoy being able to survey their surroundings while they eat and drink, so offering multiple bowls at different levels may encourage them to try each one.
7. Let them explore outdoors - If you have a safe outdoor area for your cat, let them explore and take some time to drink from the garden pond or any other natural water sources.
8. Add ice cubes - If your cat enjoys cold water, add a few ice cubes to their bowl to keep it cool and refreshing.
9. Provide plenty of hiding spots - Cats like having places to hide away, so creating multiple hiding spots in your home may help them feel more comfortable drinking when they know they have somewhere safe to retreat if needed.
10. Try different bowl shapes - Some cats prefer wide bowls while others prefer deep ones with small openings. Experiment with different shapes until you find the one that works best for your feline friend!
By following these 10 tips, you should be able to get your cat to drink more water and keep them hydrated and healthy. If you have any concerns about your pet's health, please contact a veterinarian for advice.
Thank you for reading! We hope this blog post was helpful in getting your cat to drink more water.
Happy drinking! :)